With the change in temperatures, the cold and flu season is officially here. While you may have gotten your flu shot, it’s unfortunately not as easy to prevent colds. In the event that you come down with a case of the sniffles, here are some foods that fight colds that can nurse you back to good health:
- Chicken Noodle Soup: This classic feel-good soup is easy and affordable to make, and consuming it while hot can help to break up the mucus. For those lacking an appetite while sick, this meal also offers the necessary carbohydrates to make you feel less lethargic.
- Garlic: Bring on the garlic! Not only can it add tremendous flavor to your meals, but it also helps to prevent or shorten the length of colds as well.
- Strawberries: While they may not be in season, you can still pick up some frozen strawberries at the grocery store for a blast of Vitamin C.
- Red Meat: Not only does red meat activate red blood cells that help to fight infection, but it is also full of iron and zinc.
- Honey: Sooth your sore throat and cough naturally with honey.
For more health tips, check out Apartment Allure!