Hosting a party is the perfect opportunity to show off your swanky new apartment. Hopefully, you’ve taken advantage of our Essential Guide to Spring Cleaning to get your place looking fabulous and ready for guests. If you’re like me, you can think up a million different reasons to throw a party. For those that need a little help in the creativity department, we’ve listed 10 unique party themes below that are sure to make an impression on your friends:
- Western: Cowboy boots and tight jeans are in fashion these days, which make for the perfect apparel to wear to a Western themed party. Encourage your guests to dress the part, and make the event even more fun with offering a selection of cowboy hats, bandanas, holsters, and toy guns.
- Around the World: Serve appetizers and entrees from all over the world. This party theme can be even more fun with the cocktails.
- Kentucky Derby: This classic race is coming up in May, which provides the perfect excuse to host a viewing party at your apartment.
- Jamaican/Reggae: Who doesn’t like Bob Marley? This chill theme is sure to be a good time.
- Spring Floral: Use the arrival of spring to celebrate one of the best seasons of the year.
- Color Theme: Select a color and base all of your decor around it. Encourage your guests to only wear that color to the party as well.
- Wine Tasting: Base your party around your favorite wine region. To make this party more affordable, ask your guests to bring their favorite wines from this region to share.
- 80s Party: This party theme provides a great opportunity to break out the Duran Duran and other favorite music of this decade.
- Beach Party: While we can’t all live at the beach, you can bring a little party of it into your own apartment.
- Pizza Party: For an impromptu party, order some pizza (or make your own) and spend good quality time with your closest friends.
If you don’t see a party theme that intrigues you, Pinterest is another great source of unique and creative party themes.
(Image via Flickr)